New Piano Star Duets (Initial Grade - Grade 2)
ISBN/UPC/EAN/SUPPLIER PRODUCT CODE: 9781786013378
- New compositions and arrangements from 13 leading composers
- Duets in a variety of configurations – for two pupils of a similar standard, for pupil-teacher, or pupils of different standards – plus some trios
- A wide range of musical styles, from traditional melodies to jazzy and pop-style pieces
- Varied techniques, introduced progressively• Fun musical games and top tips for duet playing
- A number of the pieces from the book will appear on the ABRSM 2021 & 2022 Piano Syllabus, where duets are featured for the first time at Grades Initial-Grade 3
- Piano Star Duets is an exciting book of 26 duets at early beginner to Grade 2 level, containing fun new compositions and arrangements in a variety of styles by leading educational composers. All pieces have been tried out – and approved! – by children.
- This collection will capture the imagination of young pianists everywhere as they are introduced to the joy of ensemble playing.
- David Blackwell is an award-winning composer and freelance arranger, writer and editor. He has published numerous books of educational music and has presented workshops all over the world.
- Karen Marshall is a practising piano and classroom music teacher with pupils from 4 to 72 years. She is a regular speaker and workshop presenter and has been widely published. She is the compiler of the ABRSM Encore (Piano) books.
- Tim Budgen is an illustrator of children’s books. His clients include Hachette and Random House, and for ABRSM he has illustrated the Piano Star series.